SRS 0.00% 7.1¢ spicers limited

profit

1. 10,917 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 45
    Looking at the AGM and various reports they say that the only loss making businesses are Germany and Netherlands.If this is the case why did they reduce staff by 200 in the UK was this head office related for the entire group or just UK related?If it was UK related the UK business must still be unprofitable?
    In the annual report they say that earnings for continuing operations was a loss of $20.8 mln whilst discontinued operations was a profit of $8.6 mln so are we saying they have sold off the good profitable businesses?They also show unallocated earnings continued operations $16.4 mln does anyone know what this is? This is concerning as they have been selling some of the good businesses to raise funds?This happened before Andrew Price came on board.From what I can see you would want to get out of Europe all together however this would cost you redundancies etc.You would expect that they would not replace any employee that leaves and amalgamate the job as I can see they may have to reduce staffing by another couple of hundred.

Headcounts at the time of annual report was 4,620 and from reports they are reducing 370 so this equates to 8% which makes sense if sales are falling by 5-7%.They will need to continue to reduce headcount by roughly the same or more if sales continue to fall.
    Does Dave Allen have any shares in the company?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.