PNV 0.19% $2.57 polynovo limited

From Peter Lynch's book, One Up on Wall Street, pg 243: "Get out...

1. 453 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 72
    From Peter Lynch's book, One Up on Wall Street, pg 243: "Get out of situations in which the fundamentals are worse and the price has increased, and get into situations where the fundamentals are better and the price is down" This was said in the context of rotating into and out of stocks.

Which one of these situations is PNV in?

The SP can be manipulated regularly, shorts, tree shakes, etc. but the fundamentals (sales and earnings) can not. There is usually a stiff penalty and some jail time for misreporting sales and earnings, not so for SP manipulation, too difficult for ASIC to prove.

The SP can take quite some time to match the direction of the fundamentals, but it eventually will. For this reason, timing of entry and exits is not that simple. The SP can keep on falling or stay low for quite sometime before it wakes up and starts matching the improving fundamentals and the reverse also happens, i.e. SP keeps on going up, despite worsening fundamentals.

For this reason you have to make sure you don't get in too early, if you need the money for other reasons and are not able to stay in it for the time it might take the SP to start matching the improving fundamentals.

For me, I think PNVs fundamentals are starting to look better than ever before. GLTAH.
    Last edited by Can_Slim: 24/03/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PNV (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.57
Change
-0.005(0.19%)
Mkt cap ! $1.787B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.60 $2.60 $2.55 $932.1K 361.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
15 6215 $2.56

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.57 4604 10
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.27am 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PNV (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.