LYC 0.34% $5.93 lynas rare earths limited

Profits H1 ???

1. 7,408 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 501
    What do people think chance of positive earnings are? Stock holders’ equity going up on a per share basis?

September Cash flow report leads me to believe they did not have a profit in Q1 (just my guess). If after seeing the Q2 cash flow report I think there is a chance of profit in H1 I will be buying. LYSDY is running slightly below where I sold it, very good profit. Actually it was even yesterday for a while.

Though NDPR is down to 300 from its Late summer high of about 500 and LA and CE are up from a year ago. The prices for most of H1 have been very high and far better than a year ago. Down for last 6 months. They are now at prices equivalent to last April to June, a Q where they did not show a profit and had a negative change in Equity. If they cannot scratch out at least 2 cents for H1 and a positive change in stockholder equity I do not see how H2 can be profitable. With no profits I do not think SP future looks good for the 2018 year . Unless RE prices soar again.

Cash may look great but sooner or later they must show profits.

The company has not served notice to buy back bounds from MT K at $1.60. Lynas lets MT K buy shares for $1.00 of debt cancelation when stock is at $1.90 to $2.10. This says allot about their internal long term thinking on SP. I understand the need to preserve Cash but why are they not scrapping every penny they can to buy back these bounds at $1.60 unless they feel the price could be below that sometime in the next year. At least buy back a few of them? More bought today for cancelling a $1.00 of Debt with SP at $2.00. How do stock holders think this is a good thing?

When people have a nice profit in a stock they are more likely to sell with any bad news.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.93
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $5.542B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.04 $6.04 $5.93 $23.75M 3.975M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 128544 $5.92

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.95 12481 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.