CSS 0.00% 20.0¢ clean seas seafood limited

Movn,You have raised a lot of issues within your statement.With...

1. 780 Posts.
    Movn,
    You have raised a lot of issues within your statement.
    With respect to Tuna, it is only your opinion as no-one else in the world has to date farmed and harvested Tuna although the Japanese have put some farmed Tuna into cages.

The economics will take years to resolve and will of course be a function of the sale price on the fish which we cannot predict due to the vagaries of supply of wild tuna (and potential bans etc etc).

(Note Kingfish is a well established industry in Japan, about 180,000 tonnes per annum.)

Until then, your guess is as good as anybodies however, aquaculture is THE growth industry and is in the position chicken was in 20 years ago with the exception of Salmon and Ocean Trout. Consider Cermaq, a Norwegian based farmer of Salmon and Ocean Trout which produces over 330,000 tonnes of these species per annum.

Australia in turn consumes approximately 220,000 tonnes of seafood in total p.a., over 65% imported (NSW imports over 85% of its seafood). Don't forget however that we export most of our high value species such as Tuna and Lobster but import the garbage (for example the Snapper that NZ can't sell to the Japanese).

So, one company farms 150% of Australia's total seafood consumption. What does that tell us? IT tells us that the Australian Govt's National Aquaculture Council are a pack of buffoons, jokes, and that not enough is done to support genuine attempts at aquaculture in Australia.

And ASIC are a pack of morons, I objected to the Australis Aquaculture Prospectus when it was lodged advising them that the Turner Falls facility had in fact been through bankruptcy twice before and never successfully farmed fish but still they let this oversight pass (it wasn't mentioned in the Prospectus). It was of course the same bunch of ninnies (Alan Hill, on the board of both, he is a director at State One Stockbroking, the brokers to both issues) who have ruined the investment market for aquaculture here in Australia.

I will refrain for the minute, if you would like, I can pick up the dialogue anon.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CSS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $40.26M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.0¢ 20.0¢ $3.621K 18.10K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 57990 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 29280 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.29am 01/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CSS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.