BSE 2.04% 25.0¢ base resources limited

I am reluctant to create a new thread for no reason, but I think...

1. 2,359 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1583
    I am reluctant to create a new thread for no reason, but I think this topic justifies it.

News articles and discussion about the mining code.

I have shared posts in other threads, but it makes then to be in one place, rather than fragmented.

The latest news from Madagascar

MINING RECIPES - The state wants to be transparent - https://www.lexpress.mg/2024/03/recettes-minieres-letat-veut-jouer-la.html

I can't add a screen shot because this site sucks, so here's the text.

A website containing all the information on mining contributions to Madagascar will be available.

A tool to make transparency effective, but also to help attract investors.The transparency card is played. Statistics on the mining sector and the contribution of extractive companies will soon be available.

By September, a new data center will be set up. Concretely, it is a website compiling data relating to revenues, rebates and mining royalties collected by the State or paid by companies. Thus, data from the mining sector will be made available to everyone. Monday, during an interview with the press, Marc Sergio Clerc, interim executive director of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI), developed the project. It is part of the corrective measures recommended during the third validation of the implementation of the EITI standard. “This initiative arises from one of the recommendations included in the EITI standard.

The provision in question will allow the installation of a platform to disclose data and information on the extractive sector,” he explains.All mining-related figures will be included in this platform. The administrative institutions managing revenues from the mining sector will include their statistics. This will start with customs, the General Directorate of Taxes, the General Directorate of Mines and any other public administration directly or indirectly linked to the extractive sector.

Likewise, figures communicated by extractive companies will be included. Everyone will then be able to compare them. “Mining companies will also be able to include the payments they have made in this platform. Indeed, in relation to this concern for transparency, there is often a gap between the money declared by these companies as being paid and the money declared as received by the State,” adds Marc Sergio Clerc.Substantive debatesThis project is funded by the United States Embassy.

A memorandum of understanding was also signed between the American government and EITI to this effect. The first phase of the project consists of acquiring servers that can host the data. The second phase will be the updating of the EITI website so that it can include this information. It is also a measure aimed at providing citizens with basic information.

This will also make it possible to create substantive debates for inclusive and positive reforms, taking into account the public interest.In turn, this site could also attract investors. They will have an overview of the contribution of the extractive sector to the Big Island. The platform will be, in a way, the “Doing Business” of mining investors in Madagascar, with a whole range of data that can serve as a showcase.

The transparency of statistics for the mining sector will facilitate research by researchers and students in this area where access to financial data is often a headache for a layman.
    Last edited by thecrabpest: 20/03/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BSE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
25.0¢
Change
0.005(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $291.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.5¢ $380.5K 1.545M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
9 465681 24.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
25.0¢ 850370 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.21pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
25.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 2.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
24.5¢ 25.0¢ 24.5¢ 667967
Last updated 14.36pm 02/05/2024 ?
BSE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.