TOE 0.00% 35.0¢ toro energy limited

Project economics

1. 617 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    I have a few questions about economics here.. what do yas reckon?

With the AUD falling and expected to remain low for a few years at least, exporting Uranium should be more profitable than previous years.  In my mind, the project economics should be almost lining up already!?  Yet TOE have not mentioned this factor in the slightest. Why?

The last costings that I could find curiously, confusingly, and suspiciously, had the cost per lb for the mine (to be) as $38 USD.  I think...?  Why price costs in USD when the mining happens in Australia with AUD?  Am I making sense?  

If you use $38USD as a cost in an NPV calculation for Wiluna, the project isn't feasible in the current spot, that is clear.  But if you plug in $38AUD, the NVP is around $185,000,000* from my calculations..

So...... what really IS the all inclusive cost per lb, do we have any accurate figures to use from previous announcements that I have overlooked or can't find?

And how does the falling AUD improve the economics do you think?

* Over 16 years, with the recovery schedule including the 20% extra recently announced, at a discount rate of 15%, and a royalty rate of 5% for the WA government.
    Last edited by rhodolite: 09/11/15

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TOE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
35.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $41.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.0¢ 35.0¢ 34.0¢ $26.35K 76.56K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 39187 34.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
35.0¢ 56208 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.26pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TOE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.