GBG 0.00% 2.9¢ gindalbie metals ltd

Great work from GBG again on the announcements. More questions...

1. 100 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6
    Great work from GBG again on the announcements. More questions and answers after reading that nut kicker.

Good news, they have clearly stated that the entire process is functioning and commissioned. Bad news, they cannot optimise the damn thing (this is always the most critical step...construction and commissioning should be straight forward).

A $3 billion dollar project taking three months to fix an issue reducing income by 30%-40% is hard to believe. Must be a pretty big problem, solids handling/water treatment is a pretty finite business, I cannot understand why it is taking three months.

Biggest shock of all for me (from the process side not finance) is that this is only being seen now. Why now? just does not make sense to me. They were operating at comparable production rates @65% for quite some time, this issue should have been known before now. Completely out of the blue for me. I expected issues with optimisation but not the tailings management system. That should be a proprietary third party supplied system by one of the big boys in water treatment, or maybe KML knew better than global field leading companies and designed it themselves to save a quid.

I have actually kept this stock more than anything to teach myself a lesson, trust my gut more than anything a company ever issues in a statement.

Finally, what is this crap about the working capital? Ansteel agreed to supply that? but now we need more, that seemed to be the tone of the statement but we have changed our mind on the previous statement? I echo Gindaldan in wondering just how much debt this puppy is going to end up with. At $50m a month it is going to be a huge overrun....... but we have had no material issues affecting commissioning....so I just don't understand........

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GBG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.