LYC 2.03% $6.28 lynas rare earths limited

Great posts valinvestor, would also just like to add that if you...

1. 1,146 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Great posts valinvestor, would also just like to add that if you don't believe in the whole concept of demand destruction (which I don't, but has been suggested numerous times on the LYC) when it comes to REEs in the absence of extra supply coming online, you can pretty much shave an extra $15 off the basket price for the CeO and LaO components of the Mt Weld basket price which are forecast to go into oversupply when Lynas is in production and MolyCorp throws in its forecast 40,000tpa. So take another $160M or so off the earnings from Mt Weld at 11,000tpa, which does change things slightly I must say :) And every week for as long as I can remember, the basket price keeps coming down little by little. Really starting to look like a case of Tulip mania. Only real positives are:

- Joint venture with Siemens to create magnets. No idea what LYC will actually earn from that though.

- The Duncan deposit full of the HREEs that shouldn't go into oversupply anytime soon.

- Junior REE companies don't have a snowball's chance in hell of making it into production.

- Molycorp probably won't produce anything from their you beaut concrete slab anytime soon.

However, to create a processing plant for the Duncan deposit is going to be a significant cost and I've got a feeling the cash flows from Mt Weld aren't going to cover it, so what does that leave? Capital raising.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.28
Change
-0.130(2.03%)
Mkt cap ! $5.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.31 $6.34 $6.27 $1.333M 211.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
21 17493 $6.28

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.29 16473 37
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.44am 10/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.