ATH 12.5% 0.5¢ alterity therapeutics limited

prominent ad researcher killed in accident

1. 5,882 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 150
    COLUMBUS, Ohio ? Police say a renowned Alzheimer's disease researcher, 45yo Mark.A.Smith, has died after being hit by a car in Ohio, and the man suspected of hitting him also has been found dead in his car about a mile down the road.

Smith was a pathology professor at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland and director of basic science research at the university's memory and cognition center. He was executive director of the American Aging Association and co-editor-in-chief of the Journal of Alzheimer's Disease.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40759251/ns/health/

He had been critical of the amyloid theory.
    His comments on ELN/PFE drug Bapi.
    ["The chances of success are essentially zero" that the drug will work, says Mark A. Smith of Case Western Reserve University, a long-time critic of the amyloid theory. "Based on this data I don't see a signal." He acknowledges that Wyeth and Elan may be able to document a small but statistically significant improvement in their final-stage trials, but he says it won't be clinically meaningful.]

[But Smith of Case Western Reserve predicts that researchers will be loathe to abandon the amyloid theory even if b-mab fails. "People will become more skeptical of the amyloid theory, but no one wants to say it is not there. It is like saying there is no God," he says.]

http://www.forbes.com/2008/07/30/alzheimers-elan-pharmacuticals-biz-healthcare-cz_rl_0730elan.html

I found all this on a thread on the IV ELN board. They are saying it happened at 2am about when the bars close. I havnt seen anything on how the driver died.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ATH (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.5¢
Change
0.001(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $23.94M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.5¢ 0.4¢ $508 124.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
103 97947018 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 31179262 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.42am 25/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ATH (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.