NEA 0.00% $2.10 nearmap ltd

promising 2020, page-14

1. 1,085 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1518
    No Gundampilot, we should know what they know. From my post this morning on the thread "Cash Flow Projections" there could be several reasons for the shorting action:

"So why are short sellers piling into NEA? I believe they are taking a short-term view, and are banking on some further weakness in the share price for a while after the first half results for the following reasons:
    • H1 FY20 performance is likely to be clouded by another very large amortisation amount (as occurred for H2 FY19) while the recent change in accounting policies washes through. This will make profitability appear not so good again, but it is not indicative of underlying performance.
    • For the last three years, ANZ customer receipts for the first half have been consistently lower than the previous second half by around 3-4%. This could appear to some as a weakness in the results but is really a seasonal issue. This has not been the case in NA.
    • At the last AGM, NEA confirmed that acceleration in NA will be more evident in the second half than in the first due to a time lag between investing in sales and marketing and seeing the improved results.

Of course the short sellers could also be wrong and the weakness due to the above may already be known and reflected in the current lower share prices.
    "

I believe my other post makes a strong case that the short sellers may be very wrong if looking 9 months or more ahead.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NEA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.