QFX 0.00% 0.1¢ quickflix limited

promotion, page-3

1. 3,981 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 217
    Sorry to weigh into this thread, but as someone who was lured into a trial with QuickFlix, you might be interested in my experience.

I bought a strongbox HDTV box and it came with a free 2 week trial.

Thought I would give it a go, and since proof of purchase was not required for the trial (just go to a website), I shared the trial with other people I knew. (Seems like a good promo effort by QuickFlix).

Website was pretty good, although choice of movies was rather thin (especially for kids). Turnaround time was also pretty good as you could notify them online that you had returned the movie and they would send you another immediately.

You could also notify them online if the DVD was falty, which brings me to my main issue.

Of the 6 DVD's we had mailed, 1 of them were unable to play at all, and another 2 were able to play, but would freeze for extended periods (> 10 mins) throughout the movie.

The movies when reported as not working were not simply replaced, but rather had to be selected again... odd but not the end of the world.

Fully expected to close the account as soon as the trial was over but was a little distracted with work...

So yes, I am one of the 70% of those who converted, but will be closing the account in 2 weeks (just prior to the end of the cycle)... I'm sure the streaming service is fine, but the price point was just not attractive for me.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QFX (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.