Proof we were right to exit the 'Gan.

1. 15,927 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 107
    I offer two points:

1. After 20 years of arming training and building a military that, by all accounts, outnumbered the Taliban 3:1 - they left with almost not a shot fired
    and
    2 . If you look at the hordes trying to leave - they're almost all males - fighting age males. So why aren't they staying to fight for their country?

Bottom line...

If the people of the country arent game or willing to fight for their own place - why should we?

That being said - how Biden orchestrated this is a cock-up of royal dimensions.

And it had zero to do with Trump. I do suspect Biden, himself, believed - with his dementing, failing intellect - that the Afghans would prevail and the Taliban would play nice.

The thing is the people running the place - and let's all admit it ain't Uncle Joe - they KNEW this was a likely fiasco and they didn't care

My read?

They wanted it to go off as a cock-up and they and their minions in the press will eventually try their best to spin this as yet another Trump failure in a run-up to 2022 and 2024.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.