BBI 0.00% $3.98 babcock & brown infrastructure group

Been doing some internet research on a big holding of BBI's Tees...

1. 3,944 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 327
    Been doing some internet research on a big holding of BBI's Tees Ports. There has been big flooding in the north of England and I was concerned, as Teesport is at the mouth or estuary of the Tees River. There are no reports of Teesport flooding. There were extensive mitigation works and a big barrage upstream may be in play. There are a lot of small rivers in the area and much of the flooding is in others. Check BBC UK site if interested.

I had no full idea how big a thing Teesport is. It is the second biggest port in the UK now by tonnage handled, according to web reports, all sorts of things are going in to BBI's ground-oil refining, huge Tescos import/distribution warehouse for the whole UK- Tescos in size is about four times bigger than coles or Woolies here. There are thousands of jobs going in. It will be able to take the worlds largest supercontainer ships soon, (too big to go through Panama) and will be a European distribution hub. Probably take some business from Rotterdam with the Channel Tunnel in play. They have major support from local governments, unions, and etc. and are bringing many new jobs to the north east of England. They have fought hard from day one to get this port up in the forefront of the market. They are tapping not just into cargo handling which is big in itself, but utilising/developing a lot of the vacant land for ancillary activities.
    Dont go to water now, BBI'ers this baby is worth hanging on to. Its well run, very. Check it out. The Poms are excited.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BBI (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.