ASX 0.63% $58.89 asx limited

property 20 years lockout, page-104

1. 2,300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 67

"without negative gearing I would sell my rental properties tomorrow and my tennants, lovely people that they are, can fend for themselves as I have enough problems of my own."

Hey nine lives,

So if you and all the other property investors behave in a similar fashion, what will occur? You will swamp any would be buyers in the market forcing prices downward. So where does that leave your beloved tennants? Well many will be very happy as they can now afford to buy your properties as you have to discount the price because all your other tax driven property investor mates are also trying to sell! Of course some of your tennants may not be in a position to buy right? Well no problem either, you will either keep your property (so the tennant has no impact) or you will sell at a really discounted level to a more discliplined newer breed of property investor, who can actually make the cheap buy from you work without relying on tax benefits. So if another investor buys from you, then tennant can stay put.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$58.89
Change
0.370(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $11.41B
Open High Low Value Volume
$58.27 $58.89 $58.27 $19.46M 331.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 263 $58.58

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$58.89 2100 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.