ditto herenow for today's news, or the latest that should get...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    ditto here
    now for today's news, or the latest that should get the young ones excited about living in the city, at affordable pre 1960 prices

Harry Triguboff wants to build smaller apartments, to make it more affordable for the young ones.

More land releases to build more and more houses around our congested cities is not going to appeal to our new age home owners, as they are not in the city.

The developers will read the market, for the new age buyers and will supply cheaper living, right smack in the city.
    It will be a win/win situation.

I may even consider moving back to Toorak, and into a unit. I am getting a bit jack of all the garden maintenance and work needed for this free standing home.
    I moved back here to be near my daughter, so there is no real reason to stay now. Life sucks sometimes.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/property/cut-flat-size-to-aid-buyers-triguboff/story-fn9656lz-1226624760208

The moral of the story is, with all the attention for city living, with only apartments on offer, there will still be demand for free standing homes, out there in the burbs. Those homes will retain their values, and the demand supply equation in that market will not be impacted by increases in the supply of units.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.