property developers geez, page-30

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    Good old Harry(what the hell does he need anymore money for he's got one foot in the grave from the looks anyway)has just got a foothold in the area that I live in Sydney.The Council has only gone with it kicking and screaming because the State Gov forced the zoning into effect.

In other words the people of the area didnt want this type of development.Could have something to do with property values too but primarily the standard of living afforded by the 1000mtr block.

I suppose if you want to live in a roof city(Sydney's west and transport corridors)where the eaves overlap each other and an 100 year old could do an impression of Spiderman and just step from roof to roof,thats the individuals perogative,but the 1000mtr block dream still exists in some peoples minds and for one developer to blatantly put political pressure on local governments via the state/federal gov by stating this kind of thing is just throwing dollars into the political melting pot which will always sway political thinking.

I think this says it all,if your prepared to read it all it certainly shows where the majority of attitude is.

http://blogs.smh.com.au/newsblog/archives/your_say/006689.html

d.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.