GrantFirstly let me clear up the confusion re what you have...

1. 1,816 Posts.
    Grant

Firstly let me clear up the confusion re what you have implied as future growth in property values in the long term. This thread started with Taxing talking of 10%pa growth going forward, and following this I asked the following question:

“Grant you can look at demographics all you like, but in the end it all comes down to one thing - money. Where will the money come from to support future claims of 10% pa growth in property values in a rising interest rate environment....?”

Following this you replied with your post containing your 8 points. Now I am no genius of comprehension, however, my reading is that if you disagreed with this assertion (ie 10%pa growth), you would have stated so in your post. Am I wrong?

Perhaps I read the situation incorrectly… but that’s my reasoning.

Re you eight points….i could counter each, however have decided not to ‘cause it’ll only lead to you countering again… kind of like a rally in a tennis match…only we may never reach an end. In the end it’s all rather academic, your eight points focus on the continued growth in population, and the increase in wealth through inheritance and superannuation offsetting any adverse effects of increased interest rates.

I fundamentally disagree with your belief that these factors can offset a potential doubling in the costs of borrowing in the longer term.

Please tell me if you would like me to reply to your 8 points again, as I am willing to if you so wish.

King regards.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.