property for nickoo, page-3

1. 504 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    You are joking arn't you.
    Plenty of figures available, based on past performance, history, conservative figures.
    Look at figures cover a 30 year period, which had high inflation as well as lows.
    High interest rates most of that period.

Interest rates Aust are now at their lowest in history. Still higher than UK and US rates.

only recently have we had low inflation. I think it was also dead in the 70's, say at the start of this scenario, covers boom and bust of 89.
    take the figures back to say 1999 at start of latest boom, compare that to prices in the 70's.

I think your theory relies too much on interest rates.

Other factors affect house prices,some people made a lot of money in the sharemarket in boom times, they could afford more expensive homes. Farmers and businesses have had good times, lots of money coming into the country from all areas.

Not everyone is affected by interest rates, or need to consider the fact when buying a house. Some people pay cash, no borrowings.
    On the other side, some people lost a load of money in the crashes of 1989 and 2000, that money is gone, they are out of the market or confined to the sidelines.

I believe there are far more middle income to wealthy people in OZ as a % of population, then ever before, and this % of people are not affected dramatically by interest rate changes.

Lower income earners have enjoyed the benefits of low interest rates, and a feeling more wealthy by house price rises.

You may be forgetting also, OZ people like owning their own house, not renters as some other countries. So they /we pay the price of costs of owning our own homes.
    Real estate market is not as easily manipulated as stock market, home owner is in control.
    Bigger investments at stake for average person, no flick of the switch to buy or sell here.
    Mums and dads likely to stay in property, not sell out, probably pour more money into renovating their houses especially after TLS, HiH AMP big losses on share market. Sharemarket not going up.
    So that is my answer.

Bye the way, what would you suggest as an alternative to property?
    Must go do some work or something,
    My personal views only, I know nothing about anything, especially if it is important. Just trying to convey an alternative view to some of the views on this forum .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.