kincella lucas sue.I suppose we could be marginalised as old...

1. 504 Posts.
    kincella lucas sue.

I suppose we could be marginalised as old school mentality when compared to the entrepreneurs who have the credentials to create their assets through equities only participation.

I am too young ( 49 ) and equally too stupid to have purchased RE prior to CGT in 1985 lucas.
    I suppose it has just taken me a little longer to twig onto the bigger picture of where you want to be financially 10 to 15 years from today.

A salutory lesson about equities.

I owned and sold SGW in the 87 debacle around the $ 8.00 mark.
    I recently had 100k @ $ 3.00.
    My broker saw them as a counter with excellent long term "blue chip" prospects with gold and tantalum, a blue chip stock you could be proud of owning and hold forever.

I sold those suckers against his advice and made a shilling or two.
    We do not have to revisit stocks like AMP HIH PAS to each learn a little lesson about the blue chips.

I prefer to stick to my knitting in my golden years and watch the equity market as more of an amusement like a side show ride rather than being an active trader.

Theres always 50k available for that special stock thats gonna blow or toot toot or kaching. ( if I can stop myself from laughing )

Each to their own in a free country that we are fortunate to live in.

Happy trails amigos.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.