milesg, cool mate. I look forward to looking for bargains. I do...

1. 2,527 Posts.
    milesg, cool mate. I look forward to looking for bargains.

I do agree you don't need to rush out and buy one tomorrow.

When I am in a position to buy again, shortly, I will simply be doing my homework and waiting for the right time to pounce.

Another interest rate rise or two would be fine by me.

Cheaper entry points are fine by me : )

I don't mind listening to the bear side, there is plenty of validity in lots of the arguments. Some people seem to WANT people to lose all their money in property, that is a different thing all together.

As a property owner who wants more, it is a strange position to be in. I would love my existing ones to double in value in 5 minutes, but at the same time I don't want to be priced out of getting more.

It is probably a good thing if prices drop a bit or at least remain flat for a few years. As I increase my wage every year I can get more. I don't mind buying something that may sit idol for a while or even dip, because it makes locks my money away, and I don't adjust my lifestyle from where it is at now. I would just blow the extra money otherwise, and get used to living off it so would struggle with repayments when I did but anyways. A few years of flat growth would allow me to accumulate at similar prices. The paper value of each doesn't matter one bit to me so long as I can make the payments. The reward will come in the next up swing, be it in 1, 2 or 5 years. The longer it is til the next upswing probably the better!

So the bear side does appeal to me. A lot.

I just think some present it in a lot more gloomy light then need be, and a MUCH shorter term outlook then is probably needed for property investment?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.