Just undo any modifications. My ancient Holden isn't worth...

1. Osi
    15,730 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    Just undo any modifications. My ancient Holden isn't worth anything like that but originality (including the nitrocelulose paint and practically no rust is everything).

Capital city property isn't the only asset class now likely to take a beating.

Things are going to get a bit weird given the resurgent growth of many resources industries, Ag doing well (rain permitting) and quite a bit of innovation happening here and there. Then again Trump's crazy trade war may have many investors sitting on their rapidly depreciating AUDs. My current expectation is that major parts of the local economy will thrive while other sectors fall apart.

Other than for the trade war and a cacophony of major black swans surrounding it, the property correction may have already hit its bottom. That's unlikely to be the case now however continued net immigration combined with only modest rate increases (Trump won't force his own bankruptcy and the EU has kicked the can down the road for the next 18 months) could result in at least some light at the end of a long tunnel.

Back to that trade war. If it turns out to be a muted affair the impact on our local economy may not be all that great. If it becomes a major obstacle to global trade then we are all sort of stuffed . At that point my crystal ball goes hazy.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.