I am lucky cause l can buy the 750k house and just rent it out...

1. 31,806 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    I am lucky cause l can buy the 750k house and just rent it out and use other rental to make up shortfall however when l do business l like to do it without relying on my current situation and honestly cant see why anyone starting out would want to buy if you are actually better renting
    I mean take away rates ...repairs ..ins...water service etc easily saves you 20k a year plus
    Okay its not an issue when you buy for 500 and 2 years later you sell for 750 but figures dont lie for anyone that owns nothing in 2018 they are better renting as the likelyhood of another 60 to 80k a year appreciation seems impossible as who the hell will buy the damn things
    Not saying opporrunities dont exist just pity my kids in fact pity myself more as l will be most likely housing them forever
    The business is very lucrative for governments and councils l agree stuff the rest
    Problem now is the aud as a low dollar just brings more overseas buyers and makes our costs here higher
    Amazing to think 20 years back l bought a house as an app cab maker for 57k...much prefer those days even if l was poor back then there was an abundance of opportunity
    Obviously my current situation is great but a highly doubt a kid now at 20 will 20 years later on be debt free and pick and choose what to do
    Very sad as a father of 4 kids and another one on the way
    So if l buy 750k and sell for 550k the government foots the 200k loss that l can off set from other income
    Its sad to say but l dont see prices dropping much as the biggest losers would be the governments
    Spare a thought for the poor guys who live on the street or in cars breaks my heart would love to win big so could help plenty people

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.