Re people living in cars / Cavan parks or streets is so more...

1. tty
    1,029 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 78
    Re people living in cars / Cavan parks or streets is so more prevelant than people realise and agree makes me angry and worst still is councils are more than happy to help by making many places no parking zones? Just to help out. We live in a much sader society than 30 / 40 years ago and re house price I bought my first when 23 and for $108 thousand with all the flash and overcapitalised to the hilt when in same area you could buy house for $40 grand, I was earning close to 36 grand a year and getting 16% interest from bank, problem is I just didn’t know how good I had it and if was smart would have bought a house virtually with a years salary so I laugh when people tell me it was harder back then???? I remember going to accountant and he advised not to buy rental properties as said you have a good super with company I was working with and why would you want the grief from tenants of which sadly made sense? Lol maybe that’s why I don’t trust advisors/accountants and apologise to any I may be offending as is my issue not a reflection of you. like I say just didn’t know how good or easy I had it and wonder how the hell the govt has got the the country in this position. My simple mind still doesn’t get how we went through the biggest mining boom pre gfc and ended up broke, wow that about covers the level of competency of people in charge.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.