What you and I are talking about seem to be two completely...

1. 1,293 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 122
    What you and I are talking about seem to be two completely different things.
    A chinese individual coming here and getting mortgaged to the hilt is not doing that to prosper in 20-100 years time which is ridiculous.
    Your comment relates to government or large entity long term investment mindset.
    Yours is a typical western imaginary view to make assumptions but chinese have families and live like you and me and to think that their investment is losing money and won't go up for many years for capital gain is of no consequence is simply not the case.
    Yes they all want to own property or land like most people but not to the point of throwing money away as they are more frugle than westerners so it makes no sense.
    Yes short term fluctuations may not be a concern but all within reason as no one wants to go into negative equity.
    The news article about many Chinese investors losing their deposits on off the plan purchases in Meriton developments is surely not part of this Chinese mindset of a long term plan?
    And that is in current boom times.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.