property prices to fall 30pc in next 18 months, page-41

1. 22,698 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    Hey Top Pick, mate I don't think that real estate agent is going to give a hoot if you come back to him when/if the market softens. I think you will find that a lot of real estate agents will welcome a little bit of panic. It means that they have a lot of houses to sell and more turnover. When the market is so so so tight, they have to hunt around a lot to find properties. I know they will have to put up with angry owners with unrealistic prices.

As far as the market is concerned, I don't mind admitting that I thought all of this (drops, bubbles etc) about 3 or 4 years ago. It just didn't happen. I am the first to realise that it just can't go on forever. However, I am invested in Brisbane where the rental market is unbelievably tight. I just can't believe the rent i am getting and when my agent told me to increase it by another 15% i laughed at her. I don't live there at the moment but i have a relative looking around for somewhere to rent and she said it is just so depressing. So many people are going for the one place and there is a huge lack of quality on the market to rent. So, there obviously is two sides to the arguement. I've been a bear with the market for a while, but it just keeps going. When is it going to drop/plunge/plummet? Who knows? I know that the predictions differ in other states. Horses for courses i suppose.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.