property purchases speculating not investing, page-13

1. 18,846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    Well BigGambler and bongodrongo, I must be one major idiot to invest in property as that is basically what you guys assume.

Fact1: All my property has increased in value since I purchased it - even if the price drops in the short term WHO CARES it will still be worth more in 15 years (by how much time will tell) and is it better than the money just sitting in the bank.

Fact2: All of my property is basically POSITIVELY GEARED right now at current rents (which over the long term will increase), if you discount the little amount of depreciation I claim.

My interest rates are fixed for 15 years so the majority of my costs are fixed. So the reality I have an asset for the future that costs me NOTHING out of my own pocket.

So yeah I am the idiot property investor! Also I will state once again I also like to invest in shares so I have a diversified investment portfolio unlike the majority of you naysayers!

"Can anyone say "Henry Kaye"? lol"
    Yeah right - I don't push anyone into investing in property I just express my views to counter all the views I disagree with.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.