You know, in an ever changing world it is nice to have some...

1. 3,704 Posts.
    You know, in an ever changing world it is nice to have some things which remain consistent, things which you can come back to and feel that it is all familiar.

This property thread is like that.

I can come here year after year after year and the very same arguments are being had, the same dodgy data is presented (and twisted the same way), the exact same people are forecasting the exact same things.

Ahhh it's good to visit every now and then.

It is also interesting to note that as all that time has passed the same overall results have transpired.

Yes, that is the most interesting part. In the moment, in the small period of months, quarters and half years, all sorts of activity takes place. There is this suburb in Melbourne, that region in North QLD, this side of Perth and the other side of Sydney.

The fluctuations of each little bit of each little place are used as iron-clad evidence to support one agenda or another.

But when you zoom out a tad, take a look at the overall results, what do you see? What is the one consistent result? What has been the direction of Aus property prices year in, year out, decade in, decade out, century, in century out?

I dunno, there's a lot of swimming against the tide I think BUT this the the thing I LOVE about Australia, we are a free country!!!!

You think property prices will fall dramatically? Well then you need to go with that, especially if you have done your research and do not let anyone change your mind.

You think property prices will fluctuate here and there but generally rise? You think (like me) that as the years pass, as you get nearer to retirement you will see steady gains? Well then YOU need to go with that, especially if you are a believer that the more things change the more they stay the same.

Yeah, I know what works for me, but that's me, maybe that's not you.

Be you, do what suits you and try not to get angry with people who simply disagree, it's a free country after all.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.