re: property scams 4 cnrs program Gees Grant, and I thought my...

1. 8,972 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 202
    re: property scams 4 cnrs program Gees Grant, and I thought my post was long.

Im very disappointed at the short term focus of the property pessimists out there. Hope none of you are financial advisers.

BBM what are you talking about? Increasing interest rates do not equal disaster. We have LOW inflation, how high do you think interest rates can rise?????? Lets assume 3%, and that's way more than they will. Lets assume a 200000 investment loan. What is the net increase in interest after tax deductibility? Just over $3000. Hardly panic material.

The days of 12-20% interest rates are behind us. They will not be seen again, not for some time anyway, and by the time they are, your property will have appreciated so much, you can handle a small 10-15% decrease in value.

I don't understand the doom and gloom, its like this was a nasdaq waiting to happen. Yes there are property cycles, ride them out, in the long term, u'll come out in front.

Property done properly can give you financial independence in a medium timeframe. I, at 27, and several of my like minded friends are proof of that. Yeah I still work, but only because I'd get bored at home and i enjoy what I do. Yeah I dabble in the stock market, but the gains i've made pale in comparison with what i've made in property.

To get started. all you need is your research cap and a willingness to tighten your purse strings a little for a few years.

For those considering a financial adviser, by all means go see one, but ASK THEM, what do you think of residential real estate. If they start talking about the benefits of shares and the higher growth rates, WALK OUT because they are rehashing investment 101!!!

For those considering property investment, again i suggest you visit www.somersoft.com.au and join the forums there.

Also, if your really serious, email me at [email protected] and I will send you a short document i wrote giving 10 tips for house hunting. I did this for the forums above some time ago as a thanks for all the great info they shared.

I've also developed my own little interest rate calculator which is really good for working out how to pay your loan of quicker so email me for that too.

For those thinking shares are a get rich quick solution...good luck, hope your one of the 1 in 100!

Cdchi1

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.