property scams, page-42

1. bbm
    2,264 Posts.
    re: property scams 4 cnrs program cdchi1,

Let me tell you one thing, I have never said that property is a bad investment for the long term. Quite the opposite actually, when one takes a 20 year time span then property investment is a great tool to increase your wealth. My concern with property is what is going on now with high debt levels. People like yourself and as grant has mentioned will have no problem. You will simply ride out the wave. Not everyone thinks like that and these are the people that are going to suffer. That is, the highly leveraged that have bought in the last few years on hype, making a quick capital gain and the notion that the stockmarket is crap. A 3% interest rate change will have an impact, maybe not to you or me, but to low income families and the highly geared. People can only sacrifice for so long.

My point is that why would you want to by property now when the fundamentals will only get better later on....yield, vacancy rates and capital gain. These three key factors are all in the can at the moment.

"For those thinking shares are a get rich quick solution...good luck, hope your one of the 1 in 100!"

Why is it that shares cannot make you money? For most people it is an income (passive or primary) and for others it is an investment like property. Investing in the stockmarket 20 years ago would have you more wealth now than in property, so why is it so bad?

It's all about diversification.

Cheers
    BBM

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.