ASX 0.11% $65.22 asx limited

***property still running hot*************, page-44

1. 5,784 Posts.
    re: property will fall between 1994 and 2000 many outer suburbs of some cities had zero capital growth and negligable increases in rent.

It won't be much fun owning a negatively geared property when capital gains are zero or negative for a long period of time.

Another example of the market slowing can be seen if you have been watching the houses for sale on the Defence Force website. A year or 2 ago they were snapped up quick and hardly any stock - plenty of stock now!!
    I remember phoning up to enquire on a defence force property a couple of years ago and the agent said it was sold but there might be some more in 2 months time - he suggested that "I call him in 2 months and he MIGHT BE ABLE TO DO SOMETHING FOR ME!".

What do you think? Might he be able to 'do something for me now' - LOL!

That arrogance was enough to convince me that we were near the top of a boom - last time I bought agents chased me and will be doing so again ;-)

Very hard to find property that is anywhere near cash flow positive or might be with short term rent increases - but in the mean time with a 20% - 30% deposit there will always will be cash flow positive shares or near to it with future dividend increases plus capital growth. Shares need homework though and constant monitoring of current financial performance and financial outlook and application of stop losses too - and most people can't be stuffed with that.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$65.22
Change
0.070(0.11%)
Mkt cap ! $12.64B
Open High Low Value Volume
$65.48 $65.75 $65.15 $21.79M 333.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29 $65.20

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$65.23 2373 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.