Property Vs Shares, page-6

1. 2,476 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 56
    the debate of which investment is better: propoerty or shares has been going on for years and will be for many years to come.

Both will argure that they have the holy grail.

But, in any diversified portfolio, both investments should be the foundation and the aim is to set up a well balanced and well diversified portfolio which have investment in many asset classes.

there are many factors that needed to be taken into consideration such as time frame, return you want to achieve, the ability to borrow and how much risk you are willing to take and tax treatment of each asset class.

With shares, you can start as liitle as $500 (it will not get you far, but it a start) and you can convert the shares back into cash in 3 working days.

where as the start up cost of property is alot more compare to shares but the you as the owner of the property have a degree of control via ability to add value with renovation or redevelope. You can also choose to live in it, rent it out but shares is control by company directors and their management team. often shareholder have very little say how the company should run.

For me, I started with a small share portfolio that grew and then move to an investment unit, a house and now back to investment in shares. without both, i would not be where i am at today.

I could have started with a very small run down house but the bank didnt think I can afford it at the time, that house was around 100k, it was sold a few years ago for well over 1m, but if I bought that house, I would never started to invest in Shares.

Which ever way you take, it will always base on various factors and the real key is buying quality at a good price.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.