AVE 20.0% 0.3¢ avecho biotechnology limited

While I don't buy into the boundless pessimism of Dhukka and...

1. 563 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    While I don't buy into the boundless pessimism of Dhukka and some others, I do think it is now incumbent on management to tell us just what is going on, especially with the cellulite cream.

What you call "boundless pessimism" I call healthy skepticism. I couldn't be that pessimistic since I've owned the stock on two separate occasions in the past 3 years. I sold out in January based on a scenario that has largely played out with the share price having fallen by about a third.

I understand people who own this stock for the 'fat tail' event, e.g. a deal with up fronts with the likes of CSL or Novartis. However, investing on the basis that the company will be self-funding inside 12 months in the absence of such a deal is pure speculation not based on any tangible evidence.

I invest in biotech, and I assume others do as well, because of the huge potential upside of a blockbuster product and or drug, but you also owe it to yourself to consider the risks.

As jevalent stated, AOD has a disappointing history, there is also precedent of disappointing outcomes related to partnerships, does anyone remember the "potential" of the Nestle partnership?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.001(20.0%)
Mkt cap ! $9.507M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.3¢ 0.3¢ 0.3¢ $408 154.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
61 90794613 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 54998583 13
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.