Hi zbusc the first prophecy in the Bible was given in Genesis...

1. RM
    7,438 Posts.
    Hi zbusc the first prophecy in the Bible was given in Genesis 3:15

NASB 1995
    And I will put enmity Between you and the woman, And between your seed and her seed; He shall bruise you on the head, And you shall bruise him on the heel.”

So the seed of a women would one day crush Satan and that set off a chain of events that the adversary tried to thwart God's plan, even to the genetic warfare we saw in Genesis 6.

What is interesting is that many Christians believe that the understanding of this prophecy was elucidated in the New Testament but Eve knew exactly what the prophecy delivered by God meant. That a woman would give birth to God the only problem with the prophecy she thought it referred to her. Understanding of the prophecy correct but timing and personage she was in error.

Genesis 4:1
    New American Standard Bible 1995
    Cain and Abel

4 Now the man [a]had relations with his wife Eve, and she conceived and gave birth to Cain, and she said, “I have gotten a [c] manchild with the help of the Lord.”

Footnotes
    [c] Genesis 4:1 Or man, the Lord

The Jewish scribes wrote about the struggles with this passage as the Hebrew grammar most accurately should be I have gotten the Lord with the help of the Lord. This was part of the Jewish belief of the two powers in heaven because of many passage such as the one mentioned above but that strangely enough was suppressed after Mary gave birth to a child that grew to a man who we know today as Jesus Christ. There was no more Jewish talk of the two powers in heaven.

Have a great day.

Last edited by RM: Yesterday, 23:09

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.