proposed changes to cfd legislation, page-23

1. 9,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Good post sputnick and I agree with u .
    Except as I said above re the opposing positions I wrote it badly and was wrong . My intention was not to miss lead but read what I said about what your cfd banker can do as bankers don't exist to lose money .
    It is difficult to read all cfd providers pds's and understand where each and every trader is coming from . Treasury can't make seperate rules for all the different models but here is hoping they can clean up atleast some of the garbage .

Bankers have the right to naked short sell incase u weren't aware , whether they do it on speccie's i'm unsure but they do do it on big cap stocks . If u view the list on asx I think u'll also find many specs are also shorted and on a daily basis . That may partially answer your statement about how can FPM or any provider short sell etc.
    Here is the list for 25/1 ; http://www.asx.com.au/data/shortsell.txt

I should note here I DON'T trade cfd's on stocks as I prefer the real thing but I often trade cfd on index's and sometimes a few hundred a month [ a bad month ] .
    The intent behind treasury is to clean up the industry , I hope . IG has been pushing for this for some years . Note I don't have an acct with IG as it lapsed I think but as per written above I still have several other cfd acct's with most unfunded until the garbage is sorted out .

Welcome to the ignore button alanmcg !

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.