CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

proposed upgrade of rail, page-23

1. 428 Posts.
    Hi Brenden,

It seems that in the first phase of Tonkilili, a road will be built by from Lunsar to Tonkilili, so the rail work presumably is only for Marampa to the coast. In the second phase, A rail will be built from Tonkilili to Tagrin (wherever that is), where a port will be built by 2014. In the second phase, AMI is aiming to produce up to 45mtpa. It'll take a pretty big mob to take on the project, so hopefully, and I expect there would be, sufficient synergies for whoever develops Tonkilili, to sweep up Marampa in the process. Would seem to make more sense than another project without infrastructure. Here's the link to AMI's announcement, and an extract below.
    Peter

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-news/news/market-news/market-news-detail.html?announcementId=10332174

"In Stage 1, AML plans to achieve by 2011 an annual production of between 5 and 8 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) of hematite iron ore products, including the first phase mine development, the upgrade of Pepel Port, the upgrade of the Pepel-to-Lunsar Railway and the construction of a road from Lunsar to Tonkolili, together with auxiliaries required for operations.

In Stage 2, AML plans to achieve an annual combined hematite and magnetite production of up to 45 Mtpa of iron ore products by 2014, including second phase mine development, the construction of a deep-water port at Tagrin, the construction of necessary power facilities and the construction of a heavy haul 200km railway from Tagrin to Tonkolili, together with all associated infrastructure and auxiliaries."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.