VYS 1.75% 29.0¢ vysarn limited

proprietary technology

1. 1,380 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2
    There has been a recent slanging match on the MHM thread with regards to the claims directors have made about the aluminium recycling business they are now engaged in.

In essence (although some HC posts were moderated) there is a feeling that the directors, owning the "proprietary technology" that makes the recycling a closed loop system, are being dodgy in that they aren't sharing their secrets - they are making claims that can't be substantiated.

For those who don't know, MHM have recently bought a SIMS recycling plant and are currently upgrading to incorporate the new technology, and thus the recycling process will avoid sending a number of byproducts to landfill - one of which is substantial amounts of aluminium - thus allowing the byproducts to be sold themselves.

However, for anyone willing to do a bit of research it seems clear that the chemistry behind the method is fairly well known. In particular German companies have had a closed loop system since 1993, when dumping of waste products was no longer allowed. There are in fact at least 2 different processes used, both slightly different in chemical process and resulting in different byproducts.

I'm trying to convert document for HC posting, but in a nutshell the method involves dry then wet process; crushing and screening in dry stage (most Al taken out at this stage); salt dissolved, producing a number of gases (taken out, exhausted or sold); the salt solution thickened, dried, crystalised. Water is added, and I think gases such as methane are released.

The "proprietary technology" is a chemical, such as sulfuric acid, used at various stages of the process. I don't know exactly what it is (I'm not a chemist) but it's not going to be some firepower additive.

The recycling process and salt slag treatment in Germany is all readily Google-able. As I said, I am going to try and post the document that I have taken all the above from, but I am actually at work and therefore shouldn't be here....

Sorry if anyone has covered these points before, but given the recent weekends comments, thought I would post the above.

Happy 2010 for MHM holders !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VYS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
29.0¢
Change
0.005(1.75%)
Mkt cap ! $118.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
28.5¢ 29.0¢ 28.5¢ $28.10K 97.81K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1741 29.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
30.0¢ 12000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VYS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.