OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

prosp hill asset hunt includes hav tin copper, page-10

1. 2,334 Posts.
    tks to Clark888

OZL has stated during February 2012 that it is after mid-tier copper projects (cannot find a reference to tier one assets).

The Sale of Cambodian Assets press release dated 20 Feb 2012 stated "OZ Minerals sought to develop and operate a mid-tier gold mine in Cambodia and to this end took its Cambodian interests from a grassroots project to an identified gold resource. However after review, we have concluded that this project does not fit within OZ Minerals strategy with regard to scale in relation to the commodity and our overall preference for mid-tier copper projects."

More importantly, from OZL investor presentation dated 27 Feb 2012:

"Significant cash balance, no debt – actively looking for value adding acquisitions" (page 4)

"Growth strategy
    • Looking to deploy cash balance for value adding opportunities - $750 million allocated for potential M&A" (page 6)

"BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT – ACTIVELY LOOKING FOR OPPORTUNITIES
    • COMMODITY - Copper or copper with gold.
    • SCALE - 50,000t – 150,000tpa production or future production potential.
    • JURISDICTION - Global “low” to “medium” risk countries.
    • TERMS - 100% or with partners depending on project.
    • STAGE - Advanced exploration, feasibility study, development, in production" (page 25)

IMHO, Kalkaroo appears to tick all the opportunity boxes above. It will all come down to price with HAV Directors!!

Note: Prominent Hill mine will need replacing in the short term "October 2017 (Stock piles continue to be processed after mining of open-cut complete)" (page 33 of 27 Feb 2012 investor presentation)

keep standing we have our seats....

Cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.