AJL 0.00% 0.9¢ aj lucas group limited

Prospects for fracking, page-12

1. 825 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 142
    Zixio - I recognise your name from a while back. Welcome back. I will give my 2 cents which will be high level, then others maybe add a bit more.

During 2019, Cuadrilla were fracturing the shale, but given the very low seismic threshold set by the regulators, it was unworkable and we went over the threshold (still no one could feel these "tremors"). Moratorium was placed on hydraulic fracturing since late 2019. Share price got to 30-40 i think and then steadily went down to 3 cents during 2020, 2021 and early 2022.

The drilling business gained some steam in 2020 and 2021, while the Cuadrilla operations were completely wound back and bleeding low cash. At this stage I wasn't following AJL as much as my investment was sitting on a big loss.

Come 2022, Russia/Ukraine battle, energy prices rising, Russia playing games with Europe on their gas supply. Political leaders and the public are realising the need for homegrown energy for supply security and to keep prices down.

I still think there is a lot of risk in this investment but speculation might take AJL to new heights I will be happy to ride it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.