AJL 0.00% 0.9¢ aj lucas group limited

I missed this in yesterday's...

1. 182 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    I missed this in yesterday's Telegraph

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/2022/09/04/letters-time-tories-come-together-get-business-governing/

SIR – Energy prices are soaring while 1,300 trillion cubic feet of shale gas sits idle under our feet. Just 10 per cent of this, deemed to be the most easily accessible, would give the UK self-sufficiency for 50 years.

By not using British shale gas resources, we’re missing out on tens of thousands of well-paid jobs, losing billions from the UK economy while enriching foreign exchequers, depriving councils and residents of millions of pounds of tax revenue, and putting our country at the mercy of a Russia-dominated European gas market as we all scrabble for the same limited resource.

The Climate Change Committee says we will still be using gas by 2050. It is absurd that we import the majority of it from abroad.

The Levelling Up Secretary says the Government will fast-track nuclear projects. If the new Government wants us to start fracking, we must similarly fast-track shale gas sites through the planning system by treating them as nationally significant infrastructure projects.

Craig Mackinlay MP (Con)
    Esther McVey MP (Con)
    Lord Frost (Con)
    Julian Knight MP (Con)
    Huw Merriman MP (Con)
    Bob Blackman MP (Con)
    Sir Robert Syms MP (Con)
    Lee Anderson MP (Con)
    Andrew Bridgen MP (Con)
    Anne-Marie Morris MP (Con)
    Adam Holloway MP (Con)
    Greg Smith MP (Con)
    Andrew Lewer MP (Con)
    Philip Davies MP (Con)
    David Warburton MP (Con)
    Richard Drax MP (Con)
    Baroness Foster of Oxton (Con)
    Lord Borwick (Con)
    Adam Afriyie MP (Con)
    Laurence Robertson MP (Con)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.