AVR 0.58% $19.00 anteris technologies ltd

Hi all,Starting a new thread to deep dive into some of the...

1. 1,485 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 63

Hi all,

Starting a new thread to deep dive into some of the technicalities surrounding the rights issue. Really hoping there are some corporations law experts/enthusiasts out there.

I have been thinking about if and how Star Bright can use the rights issue to gain control of the company or at least substantially increase their holdings above 20%.

Section 611 of the Corps Act outlines exceptions that allow a holder to increase their shareholding above 20% without a formal takeover offer. Subsection 10 states that a rights issue is one such exception.

My reading of the prospectus is that holders will be able to a) purchase rights off other holders and/or b) oversubscribe and pick up any shortfall.

Can anyone tell me if this means that Star Bright could soak up any unwanted rights and substantially increase their holding above 20%?

Based on some other quick research I saw that Star Bright cannot compulsorily acquire shares until they hold >90%. Does that mean that any such move is likely to significantly increase the share price (AHZ gets $20M and there are fewer shares available to buy/sell)? Thinking effective Chinese control may get us accelerated access to the Chinese market as well.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$19.00
Change
0.110(0.58%)
Mkt cap ! $365.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
$19.01 $19.11 $18.59 $97.55K 5.216K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 43 $19.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$19.50 21 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.