prostate cancer

1. 3,609 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 256
    Hi you males over 50 out there.

i just want to share my experience today with you for anyone that has reached that half way mark to 100 as i have done recently and has not had their prostate checked.

Doctors can do a digital and test if the phostate is enlarged or do a PSA blood test where you will get a reading (recommended). As a guide up to the age of 55, if your PSA is under 3.5...not great but within limits though the average is .08 for about 52 years old.(i am told)

Mine has been increasing and has stabilsed at 3.2. Doctor wanted me to have a biospy, just to check. A friend of mine was 7.8 and he had phosate cancer and had the phostate removed.

Even though mine was within the recommended limit, they found 2 tumours yesterday.

So if in doubt, have it checked. i will have the operation
    hopefully in March and not concerned for future health but more so for the inconvenience and possible 50/50 end to a sex life.....but a small price to pay i guess.

So dont delay my HC friends and the numbers unfortunately dont always give a truthful picture.....i hope what i posted will be of help.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.