After the success of the Getup campaign, I think its time to try...

1. 115 Posts.
    After the success of the Getup campaign, I think its time to try and turn the pressure up on the Government.

I propose a rally on our city streets to show our concern over outrageous house prices. After years of subsidizing wealthy investors, we want house prices to be allowed to fall and for the government to stop trying to keep them up with tax breaks and stimulus schemes.

Our property bubble has been recognized all over the world and will eventually burst just as such bubbles always have. Meanwhile, the government continues to delay it with policies and boosts that ensure more pain down the road. Billions of dollars flow each year to property investors as subsidies such as negative gearing and capital gains tax concessions. More will flow when the bubble bursts and the Government spends more of our taxes to bail out banks. This cannot be allowed to happen.

Let?s put an end to negative gearing. An end to using first home vendor grants to prop up the bubble. An end to capital gains tax concessions on property. An end to restrictive zoning and planning regulations. Most importantly, however, an end to treating housing as a sure-bet investment. Houses should just be places to live, and the Government should ensure that they are affordable.

The rally would be held in Melbourne, and any other cities that participate, on Sunday, the 15th of May.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Swindle-of-Oz-Rally/146360305430791

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.