LYC 0.66% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

I find it truly amazing...yes the protestors are either...

1. 421 Posts.
    I find it truly amazing...yes the protestors are either protesting for the sake of protesting or they aren't very smart if that is the sort of responses being received or that an emotional frenzy has driven them to the point of irrationality.

The fact that the additives to operate the LAMP are nearly all at Gebeng. That is the biggest ongoing costs, and thats why it become a very suitable site for LYC to set up there.

The experience of Malaysians in Gebeng working at all the other chemical plants are an incredible resource for Lynas, which to be honest, the LAMP is more of a chemical plant than anything else.

Gebeng is an Industrial site with many chemical industries, which I am sure have highly toxic chemicals...much more dangerous than Lynas thorium production. To compare Fukushima Nuclear Reactor Uranium and the LAMPS Thorium, is like comparing a Puffer fish and Anchovies. They are both fish, but the eat the whole Puffer and you will die...Anchovies just taste a little salty.

Fukushima's nuclear rods will likely kill you if you go and stand next to them, but Lynas thorium won't.

Why don't they just protest to shut down all of Gebeng if they were truly sincere about absolutely zero dangerous waste ?

I think that its because Lynas has now become a political football and its not really about the dangers of industry or lack of. Its scaremongering to the uneducated and for those who think that I am talking about poor villagers...even lawyers and doctors can be uneducated when it is not your field of expertise.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.040(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.80 $6.06 $5.76 $50.03M 8.403M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3840 $6.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 39097 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.