LYC 2.20% $7.54 lynas rare earths limited

thanks dylanjmf,"Of significant advantage for the Gebeng...

1. 6,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    thanks dylanjmf,

"Of significant advantage for the Gebeng Industrial Estate site is the fact that manufacturers of key reagents required for the process (lime, sulfuric acid, and hydrochloric acid) are already established in close proximity to the proposed plant site."

not sure about how hard it is to get large quantities of these substances in australia, ive never ordered 12Mlts of HCL myself, but i wouldnt have thought it that rare? nor lime no sulfuric acid? cant really comment if there isnt a similar site in australia with access to these materials...

12 year tax free period = big plus

"Kuantan offers a highly skilled and educated labour force with experience in the chemical industry and a key benefit is also their English proficiency.

The state has a robust and first-class transport network, comprehensive communications networks and reliable supply of natural gas, electricity and water at competitive prices. Kuantan has excellent port facilities for handling bulk liquid chemicals and containers to accommodate the transport of. Mount Weld concentrates to Gebeng in sealed containers."

i would have thought australians were also fairly skilled, good transport networks etc... and we're pretty alright at english too ;)

to me, the only real major advantage outlined by the company is the 12 yr tax bonus, plus the availability of lime, HCL and H2S04, which im not sure are that rare anyway...?

scanspeak: what altruistic rubbish from NC!

lynas are not in malaysia because they for some reason feel sympathetic for malaysians... or at least they shouldnt be... multinational companies dont have a great history of being altruistic (and nor should they, its not their job)...

they should be in malaysia because its the best place for lynas the company to be... i.e. it gets the best result for lynas's shareholders, both productively and financially...

im still unsure if something is being left out here... its not like the company is going to come out and say: "yeah they have a good workforce, infrastructure, access to reagents, but we got that in australia too... they're giving us a tax break which is handy... but the real reason we're there is because we can exploit a relaxed law in waste treatment compared with australia, which significantly reduces the companies OPEX..."

to me, that sounds very likely, and worth the trouble of setting up a multinational processing operation...

im not an expert on the situation, but i have to admit that i found it very strange the first time i heard that lynas were going to set up a plant in another country...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.