ESG 0.00% 86.5¢ eastern star gas limited

"He's also been involved in Newcastle harbour demonstrations...

1. 3,666 Posts.
    "He's also been involved in Newcastle harbour demonstrations against coal ships."

Anti-gas is pro-coal, Mr Jordan. Sorry if that doesn't fit your world-view, but they are the options in NSW, I'm afraid. If you don't want coal-seam gas, then you are for the continuation of coal-fired baseload power stations. Even Bob Brown is coming around the realities of compromise politics and the realities of getting environmental outcomes achieved in the real world.

Life would be so much simpler if everything was cut and dry, black and white, good and bad. But it isn't. And sometimes one has to make small compromises for the greater good - for the greater environmental good.

If Mr Jordan really believes the burning of coal is contributing towards climate change, and that climate change really is "the biggest moral challenge of our time", then he should start supporting rather than opposing coal-seam gas. Low footprint, clean burning, safe, and technically and economically feasible... the ONLY option in Australia for the short to medium term. Unless he wants to stick to the burning of coal...

But, I don't think Mr Jordan every will come to this hard truth. And, based on his statements, I don't think his knowledge of CSG extends much beyond watching Gasland.

Didn't he read the report by the The Global Warming Policy Foundation?:

"Coal-seam gas's supposed drawbacks have been declared fallacious and as an energy source, it is remarkably carbon efficient.

A LANDMARK report has given coal-seam gas mining the all-clear, saying fears of environmental damage are groundless or greatly exaggerated.

The report by The Global Warming Policy Foundation gave a series of positive findings on why coal-seam gas will bring massive "environmental, economic and political benefits".

And by opposing coal seam gas, Mr Jordan, along with other anti-CSG protestors, has carbon on his hands.

There are none so blind as those who will not see...

Yaq

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ESG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.