MRC 0.00% 2.6¢ mineral commodities ltd

Hoot HootThe owls are in the mossI am surprised to hear of this,...

1. 262 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 144

Hoot Hoot
    The owls are in the moss

I am surprised to hear of this, so I looked up the original post (attached above and the text below this post for those that can not access Facebook in 2022). Thanks for bringing it to attention.

The guy organising this is according to the media release is Sammy Claassen who is actually a mayor/politician and seems to be rather well regarded, so it does seem like a cause that he is following legitimately in his way of thinking.

MSR has now paid the oustanding late debts to contractors upon Sammy pushing the matter according to a new post by Sammy and the Patriotic Alliance.

Sounds like after 4 months of not being paid despite repeated requests that MSR finally paid out the creditors under the duress of pressure applied by the threats of the Patriotic Alliance.

Now that it is a historical fact that local politicians had to literally threaten mass protests (not legal action but actual mass disruptive protests) for local contractors to be paid by MSR, how can this be addressed so that it doesn't happen again? Surely MSR, the actual owner of the project (NOT MRC which is just a 50% holder of shares in MSR. MSR is the owner) has the support of the finance Admin team at MRC to pay outstanding creditors in a timely fashion?
    According to teh annual report, NRC believes it has structures in place that give it administrative control over MSR activities.
    So it falls back on to MRC management as to why this went so far.

Is there a disconnect between Perth HQ and the guys at MSR?

Quarterly says MRC has several million in cash at bank, so perhaps it is just an administrative oversight that a number of contractors were simply not paid for 4 months despite repeated requests according to Sammy's media release? ...

I'd say that Fletcher Handcock in house legal boffin needs to be checking out this Sammy Claassen guy and start a prudent discourse because in a matter of days the Patrioticc Alliance and Claassen cornered them into paying what they would not do for 4 months previously. Perhaps better purchasing agreements that assist in preventing this and allowing a clear and efficient system for dispute resolution should have been implemented. I mean, isn't this partly what the previous notices that were lifted were meant to avoid, in their essence, (but not in the specific case)?

Look after the locals, and they will look after you, surely.

How they even try and promote Ascent Graphite when there is stuff like this going on at ground level?
    If I was a fund manager being presented to I would certainly have to ask questions about capability, viability and culpability I saw things like this going on?
    (In addition to the other matters such as 3 Supreme Court cases with former CEO yet unresolved, only 2 of which were announced to market)

text of media release:
    (This is as reported and is not necessarily condoned or agreed with by people on this thread. Sammys number removed as it is not appropriate to post individuals phone numbers on HotCopper, if you wish to contact him you can find his contact details in the posts he makes)

Media Statement
    03 February 2022
    For Immediate Release
    The Patriotic Alliance condemns the Australian mining company called MSR Mining for its alledged ill treatment of local small companies in Vredendal, Lutzville and the broader Matzikama Municipality.
    It is refusing to pay these small contractors for work and services done. The situation left the small companies in financial stress and ruin. The foreign tendency and treatment is totally unlawful and unacceptable. The Patriotic Alliance will not allow this international mining company to exploit local workers and companies in this manner any longer. For the last 4 months these contractors were alledgedly left without being paid for work and services done at the mine. The contractors lost income and its workers were left unpaid alledgedly due to the direct actions of MSR Mining.
    In this light we demand immediate payment from MSR of all outstanding payments to all local companies and SMME's with immediate effect. This must be done by close of business 04 February 2022. Failure will result in mass mobilisation and protest against MSR Mining. We do not tolerate ill treatment and unlawful actions against our people. We will rise up like never before. Pay your contractors immediately.
    Ons baiza nie. Ons hoorrie tot da voorrie.
    Enquiries
    Patriotic Alliance
    Western Cape
    Deputy Provincial Leader
    Sammy Claassen

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MRC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $25.59M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.6¢ 2.6¢ 2.6¢ $260 10K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 480775 2.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.8¢ 80000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.10am 17/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MRC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.