ASX 0.11% $63.84 asx limited

ne1 out there have problems like described below with Comsec...

1. 73 Posts.
    ne1 out there have problems like described below with Comsec Protrader 2? Comsec tech support are not very helpful - give the impression they don't know how their own software works.

Problem periodically recurring is that watchlist, depth and course of sales, news, marketwatch (top movers) panes show grey outlines on the desktop when software is opened but won't populate. However, charts and a couple of other minor things like ETO valuer do populate. Any attempt to do something with greyed out charts produces the windows system message "not responding".

The only suggestions I get from their support is to re-install which means a lengthy download. Then it usually still doesn't work because even though I tried various things like uninstall first, the grey desktop panes are still there. When I finally do get a successful re-install (I found using the original CD instead of their website helps), then I have to rebuild my desktop all over again - what a pain!

I have tried without success various other suggestions by their "tech" support like regularly deleting IE offline content etc without success.

Seems to me if I could find where the desktop layout files are stored on my PC, I could make a backup copy while they are working ok and replace them when desktop becomes corrupted. Any attempts to find out from them how things work (maybe the desktop needs info from server?) are stonewalled - or maybe they just don't know??

When PT2 is installed, I note that under the Program Files/data/ directory there are three Nero mediaplayer files - I suspect these may be the desktop information - can't open them to see what's in them?

Any PT2 experts out there??

doublecross

PS I persevere with PT2, because despite its other shortcomings I have got to like it better than PT1.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$63.84
Change
0.070(0.11%)
Mkt cap ! $12.37B
Open High Low Value Volume
$64.41 $64.52 $63.59 $17.98M 281.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1141 $63.70

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$63.84 905 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ASX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.