HDR hardman resources limited

re: agm director election Gee, tough...

1. 17 Posts.
    re: agm director election Gee, tough crowd!

Ellroy80

Good point about the email address, can’t have people thinking I ride a skateboard and listen to hip-hop!

I had hoped to avoid the flood of spam that comes with listing my normal email address on the web, but you are correct that it gives the impression that I wish to remain anonymous, which is not the case. I have corrected this and have listed my mobile phone number as well in case you have any questions.

Capman

I think you are misinterpreting the role of non-executive directors. The AICD sums it up well-

“Non-executive directors govern – not manage

Non–executive directors govern the company on behalf of shareholders, by whom they are elected. They must act in the interests of the company as a whole, in accordance with the law. They do not run the company as this is the responsibility of the executive management team.

Non-executives directors add value to a board through:

1) Assisting the board in appointing, encouraging, assessing and, if necessary, replacing the CEO. This is the most important function of the board overall.

2) Bringing an external, alternative perspective
    Representing shareholder interests

3) Questioning, encouraging and monitoring the management

4) Bringing relevant competency, experience, legitimacy and ethical behaviour

5) Ensuring proper corporate governance process is followed with integrity, including financial reporting and disclosure and compliance with the law and other requirements (such as Stock Exchange Listing Rules)

6) Approving overall strategy, budgets and large financial decisions such as capital expenditure”

These are the roles I intend to fulfill. Tearing out the hearts of opposing CEOs is not part of the job description, better leave that to Simon Potter.

If you don’t feel that Hardman would benefit from a more independent board and better shareholder representation, simple answer is – don’t vote for me. If you are not sure, give me a call, my mobile number is now on the web site.

Andrew Mason
    http://hdragm.squarespace.com/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.