CGB 0.00% 2.1¢ cann global limited

I wasn't aware that opioid derivatives were an acceptable...

1. 115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 30
    I wasn't aware that opioid derivatives were an acceptable solution/treatment protocol for the treatment of epilepsy?
    I might be wrong.

I think that this thread re WA shareholders' voting concerns has rapidly drifted a little off track.

Mike Baird's plug dates back to April 2016 and as a politician and public spokesperson he said nothing new then and now, 2+ years on, he says nothing new. Yes, it would be wonderful to behold the promise and potential cure for all sorts of debilitating medical conditions within the kernal of a single hemp seed. My personal feeling is that over the course of the next five years or so, meaningful data may accumulate and CBD derived medications might become available to help many people cope with a multitude of ailments. And as all of this awareness grows, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the likes of Blackmores gets right into the complimentary side of cannabinoids, but I honestly believe that big pharma companies such as Squibb, GlaxoKlineSmith etc will have nothing to do with this earnest promotion of MM (as a branch in the wilderness) until something scientifically verifiable is demonstrable. Asbestos, tobacco, thalidamide, statins and breast implants have all in their own ways proved to be frightfully costly to the companies involved and cost many innocent lives and I would be very surprised if any big pharma would consider backing MM at the present time, there simply is not the scientific library to back up anybody's claims at this time. Hopefully soon, and sooner rather than later, something very positive will eventuate on the MM side of all of this, but right now anything that we know is essentially annecdotal. Some of you may huff and puff and even sneer at Australia's apparent lag (read: ignorance, backwardness) behind the rest of the 'enlightened' world. I do believe this to be quite unfair. Anybody with a smooth conjecture would be eagerly awaiting, for instance, the legal ramifications of Canada's wholesome embrace of legslised recreational use of cannabis this coming October. Canada is scrambling to sort out the ramifications of a driver recorded as having a notifiable blood THC concentration. The USA apparently won't allow you into their country if you have a drug record. So a lot of Canadians might be in a spot of bother on this one. It is of little use to defer to Amsterdsm's experience in this regard as most citizens commute by bicycle.
    My particular bother has never been with cannabis per se, I bought into QBL years ago with bauxite and Sth Johnstone in mind (boy, that seems like such a long time ago!!!). I believe that QBL has done a really smart thing. The SP reflects that. But I do believe that for the moment, more emphasis should be given to taking these opportunities to think environmentally. Hemp for everything from string to paper to cloth to building blocks to a total substitute for water hungry and chemically consuming cotton. QBL's opportunities outside of questionable MM are quite obvious and could/ought to be utilised. Even the Vitahemp thing - this is nice but so unnecessary - a strong foothold into fabric, rope, fodder, building, mulch, cotton substitutes, there is so much that hemp can be used for without having to apply for licences nor pretending to have or applying for medical or scientific 'firsts'. Nor jumping upon the next health food, super food, vitamin and mineral enhanced stuff. Enough said.
    Happy Father's Day to all and don't take anything too seriously - we're all friends x

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CGB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.