IMM 6.33% 42.0¢ immutep limited

prr history..it will play a part

1. 384 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    What makes Prima an attractive target for Big Pharma? I Often ask myself this question and surprise surprise come up with the same answers

There are a number of CVAC competitive advantages, but in my view, these are the main ones (well covered on the companies website):

[No.1] Cvac is a Platform Technology. IMO - this ticks a major box for Big Pharma (the other obvious one being positive Clinical Trials):

PRR Website;
    What makes Prima BioMed unique from other drug discovery and development companies?
    A4. Prima BioMed’s leading drug, CVac™ targets cancer cells expressing mucin-1 which are prolific on the surface of many cancers. Mucin-1 protein is not only common in ovarian cancer; it is also expressed in prostate, kidney, pancreatic, breast, colon, and lung cancer cells. This significantly opens the market for CVac™ to be applied to a variety of cancer types which is unique compared to other drug discovery and development companies.
    >> back to top

[No.2] Cvac was granted FDA Orphan Drug Status.

PRR Website;
    Q5. What unique or competitive advantages does Prima BioMed hold?
    A5. Prima was granted “Orphan Medicinal Product Designation and Small and Medium Sized Enterprise status for CVac™” by the European Medicines Agency for Europe in June 2010. More recently, the US Food and Drug Administration also granted Prima’s CVac™ “Orphan Drug Designation”. These designations are a significant milestone for Prima and may offer major benefits during CVac™’s development process which could include priority review, research support, protocol assistance and possible regulatory fee exemptions.
    Prima’s CVac™ is administered post-surgery and post-chemotherapy to delay the relapse of, and control the metastases of ovarian cancer. There are currently no maintenance-based therapy products commercially available. There is a large unmet need for new treatments for ovarian cancer, which has a very high mortality rate.

THE KEY QUESTION:
    In endeavoring to have a guess on what the October 12 results are going to look like - we just have to wait for Primas ASX annoucement as anything else is extensive hype and giving PRR a good old plug.

So IMO and in my view only , an easier question is - will the CAN-003 results be good enough to support the ongoing CANVAS trials ?

If the answer is NO , I would expect the CANVAS trials will be cancelled (collosal dissapointment for the patients, hospitals and Prima) and regreatable and disapointing for the shareholders

If the answer is YES..that the CANVAS trials are to continue - then this would equate to the results being good enough . This would be of titanic happiness to patients & hospitals and very welcome news to shareholders.

Following on from Birdseye’s ( Dr Neil Frazers comments) Herro’s ( IGCS abstract and CVAC poster presentation on 15/10/12) comments , I do look forward to October 2012.

I wish all the patients and hospitals( CAN-003 and CANVAS) , Dr Neil Frazer , MR , and M Lehman (& the team) the best of luck and prosperity on the back of the October 12 results and for the years, curveballs, emotional dramas and personal challenges that they have had to endure.

IMO (like many of you ...not least Brainy) , I think YES. The forum has covered many compelling reasons and if it hasn’t already been covered .....I’ll add one more - PRR’S HISTORY and the fact to date there have been no negative announcements regarding the clinical trials.

PRR History ... its only the beginning and it will play a part.

The above are my view only so please DYOR.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
42.0¢
Change
0.025(6.33%)
Mkt cap ! $598.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
39.5¢ 42.0¢ 39.5¢ $890.1K 2.163M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 127863 41.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
42.5¢ 30850 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.